APUF-7 ECO-FRIENDLY FORUM: SUSTAINABILITY PLAN CHECKLIST
The 7th Session of the Asia-Pacific Urban Forum (APUF-7) in Penang will discuss the future of Asia & Pacific Cities: Transformative Pathways to Achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - so naturally, the show should lead by example. CREATING ECO-FRIENDLY FORUM is a dedicated sustainability initiative in line with the SDGs.
Paper & Plastic Waste Reduction
- Participants are encouraging to bring their laptop to take notes instead of printing paper copies;
- Bring your own bags or purchase APUF-7’s bag to store your items;
- Bring your own thumb drive to upload any slide presentations
- Speakers & moderators are not encouraging to print their PowerPoint presentation as a handout. If they insist, then require they print the presentation as a handout with 6 or 9 slides per page on both sides of a sheet;
- Email your presentations to APUF-7 secretariat to upload in website for participants to download;
- Make sure food container like plastic were clean before dispose;
- Please dispose the item according to its type; recyclable & non-recyclable waste; and
- Exhibitors are encouraging to use recycle product & material for their exhibition.
Food Waste Reduction
- Bring your own container for breakfast & lunch;
- Bring your own water bottle or reusable mug prior for the event;
- Bring your own reusable straw & utensils.
- Encourage participants to use the public transportation, e-scooter or walk to venue;
- Encourage participants to carpool & make it easy to find other carpoolers by using Grabshare.
- Choose an accommodation close to the venue.